At Lake House Academy, we take the safety of our employees, students and visitors seriously and are committed to providing as safe of an environment as possible for everyone.
Lake House Academy has implemented the following preventive measures to provide the safest environment for our employees and students. These will be in place until March 31, 2020, at which time they will be reevaluated:
- All employee travel is suspended outside of commuting to and from work
- All staff arriving for their shift will be assessed to be completely free of symptoms and have not traveled to restricted areas
- If determined they do not meet these criteria, they will be prevented from entering the program and working with our students
- All student travel, including community outings and home visits in high-traffic, social environments (such as restaurants, theaters, etc.), are postponed and are replaced with other activities and games that practice responsible social distancing
- All parent/family on-campus and off-campus visits are postponed
- A revised screening process for admissions, including questions about recent fevers, travel overseas and family members’ potential risk factors for the virus has been implemented.
- All students enrolling will be screened for symptoms of the virus and anyone posing a risk to our program will not be admitted
- Increased availability and use of alcohol-based hand rubs and making sure that tissues are available and that sinks are well stocked with soap and paper towels for handwashing
- Increased sanitization of facility
We are confident in the precautionary measures we have implemented to keep our employees and students safe. Should any student at Lake House Academy demonstrate symptoms of being ill, we have protocols to enact a supportive quarantine of that student.